oikos Project Development Fund (PDF)
Who can apply?
- Every individual oikos member or group of oikos members worldwide
Why should I make the effort to apply when the Fund does not cover the complete project budget?
- The core value of the oikos PDF is effective project coaching: You will receive qualified feedback to your project proposal which will increase your chances to be successful in fundraising elsewhere.
- The Executive Board and the Foundation know the oikos network and can connect you to interesting partners.
Why does the GLS Bank co-fund Alumni donations (instead of mere sponsoring)?
- The GLS is interested in new, innovative ways of funding
- They want to set incentives for long-term sustainable funding processes
- (In addition to that they sponsor specific projects, such as the oikos Winter School 2006 and the oikos Conference 2007)
What are criteria for assessing the projects?
- Projects have to be in accordance with the oikos Vision, Mission and Activity Statement
- Projects that are supported financially have to be of strategic importance for our global oikos organisation and must fit the project scope defined by the Legislative Meeting
- Further criteria have to be specified by the Executive Board
How do we make sure that money is given to those projects which need it most?
- In general the oikos PDF supports projects primarily by means of coaching and opening doors to additional resources
- Money is only given as seed financing and/or in cases of emergency
- If the oikos PDF supports a project financially, this is done in form of a co-funding and/or in form of deficit guarantees
Why do we open an additional channel for financing oikos projects (instead of using oLC, oI or oF budgeting structures)?
- With the oikos PDF we offer Alumni and other private persons the possibility to donate money with a certain leverage
NH, November 2007