oikos Academic - 29. May 2009
Faculty Development Workshop: Green Publications Matter
oikos and the 'Organizations and the Natural Environment Division' invite faculty and advanced PhD students to submit manuscripts for their first Faculty Development Workshop.
Download Call for Manuscripts
Through this workshop, we aim to motivate more scholars to submit their findings to leading management journals (such as the AMR, AMJ, SMJ, JIBS, JMS, AME, EMR, LRP). The workshop is building on the 2009 Academy of Management Theme “Green Management Matters” and aims to gather researchers to bring forward manuscripts in the areas of Sustainability Management, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Responsible Investments, Social Entrepreneurship, Corporate Governance and related issues. Submitted papers should combine relevant and innovative research questions with solid methodologies and rigorous enquiry to develop management thinking.
Participants will get feedback from their peers and the following distinguished faculty:
- Tima Bansal, Director, Centre for Building Sustainable Value, Ivey School of Business; Editorial Board Member of Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Business and Society, Journal of International Business Studies, Long Range Planning, Organizations and Environment, Strategic Organization.
- Jean-Philippe Bonardi, Professor of Strategic Management, University of Lausanne - Faculty of Business and Economics; Associate Editor, Academy of Management Review, Editorial Board member of Academy of Management Journal, Business and Politics.
- Steven W. Floyd, Professor of Strategic Management, University of St. Gallen; General Editor, Journal of Management Studies, Editorial Board Member of Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business.
- Michael V. Russo, Lundquist Professor of Sustainable Management / Department Head, University of Oregon; Editorial Board member of the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Organizations and Environment.
We invite papers from
- Scholars who would like to disseminate their research into leading management journals.
- Scholars who would like to build knowledge on publication strategies to different audiences (e.g. theoretical vs. practitioner oriented journals, European vs. North American journals)
- Scholars combining strategic environmental and social issues research who plan to convert accepted conference contributions into journal submissions.
By bringing in senior editorial board members from leading management journals the workshop aims to facilitate the dialogue about publication and review processes.
Participants will learn to review papers according to the standards of leading journals while at the same time receiving first hand feedback from experienced faculty and journal editorial board members. All paper manuscripts will be disseminated two month prior to the workshop to all participants.
Built around the oikos model of peer critique, structured reflection and exchange, the workshop will require participants to support each others’ preparations for peer-reviewed publication through constructive criticism and exchange. The process will include careful reading of article drafts, peer discussion, and written comments. The workshop Faculty will be available for individual consultation.
The oikos ONE Faculty Development Workshop will be limited to 14 scholars. We welcome applications until August 30, 2009.